"Be still and know that I am God." God ~ Psalm 46:10

Friday, April 1, 2011

It's Friday ~ Finish Well! See How



 While reading my devotional pamphlet "Portals of Prayer" this morning, I noticed that there were prayers at the back of the booklet for each day of the week. Reading Friday's offering it occurred to me that I had more things to finish today than I had initially planned. This is what it said:

"Forgive me for not completing Your assignments and thus delaying blessings that others would have received."

What struck me about this was
 the phrase, "blessings that others would have received.” Would have received if only I had acted on the Lord's promptings. Someone may have gone without a blessing that they needed because of me.

A missed blessing could have been as simple as a phone call we didn't make, an e-mail we didn't responds to, a friend we didn't encourage, or a lonely person that we didn't call on. Had we done these things, we may have initiated a blessing that someone desperately needed. Who knows where God would have taken it from there.

Sometimes we simply need to get the blessing started so that God can finish it. God finished many things on Fridays. He finished creation on a Friday. He completed his plan for salvation on a Friday when Jesus declared, "It is finished." John 19:30.

I think it's a good day to finish the work that God set in our hearts to do this week. Someone needs a blessing. God is asking you to be a part of it. How great is that?

I have phone calls to make. What has been on your mind this week?

I would love you to share news of the blessings others will receive today because of you. Please leave a comment ~ you may be an inspiration (or a blessing) to others!


No comments:

Post a Comment