"Be still and know that I am God." God ~ Psalm 46:10

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

When the Holy Spirit Speaks

Hey everyone,
I've often felt confused about what I'm supposed to be doing vs. what I am doing. Ever felt that way?

The confusion stemmed from not trusting God to do the guiding that I've asked him to do. It's as if my asking fell into a deep hole or on "deaf ears". But the empty hole and deaf ears were mine, not God's. He is listening.
As it says in Psalm 4:3 ~ the Lord has set apart the godly for himself, the Lord will hear when I call him."
God uses people to answer our prayers, but he also uses the Holy Spirit to guide our hearts and minds. The Holy Spirit does not speak to us on his own, but relays only what he hears from God (see John 16:13). He guides us in our knowledge of Christ and directs our steps in the purpose of our lives.

I'm coming to find that this is not meant to be difficult, and we needn't worry about it. If our minds are open to God's guidance, we will be guided in all ways. Don't worry about thoughts or ambitions, they are put there for a reason. Constantly walk in God's light, and see what happens with the desires of your heart.

This isn't meant to say that if we ask God for guidance in becoming rich and famous, he's going to automatically answer that request. :-) But he will guide your steps, place the right thoughts and people in your life, to get where you need to go as his child. And as his child, he wants to protect you from harm and keep you from going astray in your walk with him. He's got your back, and your best interest at heart.

I will leave you with a verse that has a lot of power; it lets us know that God is listening. We need not worry over our decisions because God has a plan for you; what you are doing right now, if you are including God in your plan, is where you are supposed to be.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declared the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."  Jeremiah 29: 11-13
May God richly bless your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment